One of the thing that raises my hackles often is the way men are portrayed. I should qualify that perhaps, it’s not the way men are portrayed all the time but, the way they are portrayed by angry women. I often read stories about what equates to as very impolite and rude behavior being attributed to a person’s gender. The behavior in question directed at women and then used by women as an example of how all members of my gender embrace said behavior.
I really hate that.
Anyway, I was reading this RKB’s blog and she had written a column about this website which I thought to pass along.
The entire tone of the site assumes some sort of moral superiority on the part of women, one that seems to play into the idea of women as watchdogs and men as horndogs, and it's these sorts of assumptions (that all men are likely to cheat) that further the age-old “battle of the sexes” mentality. Because while their blog claims to be “revolutionizing the way women date,” all it’s really doing is providing an outlet for scorned, angry women. I’m not going to go so far as to suggest one can spot a cheater a mile away (I certainly know better), but if the first thing you do after you return from your date is scour their database, you’re in trouble.
I am sure a website like this will find a large audience - goodness knows they are probably the same people who are compelled to watch the Jerry Springer show day in and day out.
Look for yourself, Don’t date him girl dotcom. The site comes complete with a podcast (which I cannot bring myself to listen to) and even a useful tool in the form of the Advanced cheating men search.
No comments:
Post a Comment